Below the questions that we get asked. We will answer your questions transparently and honestly. Do you have a different question? Email it to: hello at cleanclimber dot com.
- What does Clean Climber do with the collected trash from cleanup events?
- The collected trash will be picked up by the local municipalities. For now it is not recycled sadly enough.
- Is Clean Climber not having more of a negative on the environment by driving to climbing areas for the cleanups?
- We try to minimise our footprint during all of our actions, but we sure do have a footprint. We aim at measuring our footprint and comparing it to the good we do by doing the cleanups. But we believe that doing nothing to the situation is to show defeat, but as we believe that we can tackle the problem as a community, we need to take action and monitor our actions.
- Why does Clean Climber exist? I think that the climbing community takes care of nature very well.
- It would be great if the climbing community had no negative impact on nature, but sadly enough, that is not the case. We buy new climbing gear, drive or fly to climbing areas, disturb the nature there and after some time, we throw the worn climbing gear in the trash bin. All of these actions have a negative influence on nature, without our community doing something back to nature. Together with Clean Climber you can make this situation better!
- How can I help Clean Climber?
- 1) Be as clean as you can be! Guidelines can be found on this website.
- 2) Promote Clean Climber to spread the message.
- 3) Join us on one of our events.
- 4) Join Clean Climber by actively contributing in the organisation. Email us about what you'd like to do!
- 5) Donate to support us.